Let's Get the Sound Working dr1!

Discussion in 'Upstream Open Source Projects' started by Robert Crawford, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Member Moderator

OK, so we all know that the sound doesn't work in dr1, but why not? I have been doing a ton of digging and dr1 has a sound architecture and it seems to use tinyalsa, the problem is that i am not a dev, so i don't know how to troubleshoot our tinyalsa problem. A symptom of the problem is if you use es file explorer and try to play a file it doesn't work at all, I ran a logcat in terminal and an output stream error came up regarding this audio file, come to find I was getting this error even in google play music, it wouldn't even play the file i got an error.
    I have fixed that problem! go into /etc and find the files that have mixer path in the name, inside those files some of the values were set to "0" after setting those values much higher the output stream error went away and the files play but still no sound.

I am going to need to help to finish solving this problem so let's put our heads together and solve this! Console OS has given us what androidx86 has never done and that is give us a stable android bootable device so lets help them work out the bugs!

2. AdminTeam

AdminTeam Active Member Staff Member

At this point we're really close to shipping Lollipop, which will break away from the Android-IA kernel.

Our focus going forward is going to be to fix up the Android-x86 kernel, and provide a commercial (and open-source) participant that does that.

While we won't be investing in incentives for Console OS KitKat, we will be posting bouties liks this for Lollipop with Console Developer Rewards: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...t-android-remastered-for-the-pc/posts/1457426

Things like what you describe are exactly why we're launching Developer Rewards next month.

3. test0r

test0r Member

There are no Developer Rewards as far as I can see.

Did you stop it?

4. AdminTeam

You missed it then. See: http://console.com.co/devrewards

Console Developer Rewards is alive and well. As part of Intel's pullback from Android support, we focused our CDR initiative on another project - until the dust settles on the Intel front.

5. test0r

test0r Member

So you included OpenHU to Console OS?

What means CDR?

6. AdminTeam

OpenHU is not part of Console OS. As mentioned, we aren't targeting Console OS components until the dust settles on Intel's restructuring of Android for x86. If they pull out completely of FOSS contributions - it's game over for everyone, including Console OS.

CDR is an abbreviation for Console Developer Rewards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.